Foundation Forum Lectures
Sept. 26, 2015 - "Fiat Fifty" Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist (presented at the 50th Anniversary Founders Celebration Dinner)
Oct. 25, 2014 - "Literature and the Silence of Goodness" Toni Morrison, Pulitzer– and Nobel Prize–winning author
Oct. 18, 2013 - "In Conversation with Frank Gehry" Architect Frank Gehry in conversation with Paul Goldberger, contributing editor for Vanity Fair
Oct. 12, 2012 - “A Cosmic Perspective on the 21st Century” Martin Rees, Astronomer Royal of the United Kingdom
Oct. 21, 2011 - “At the Dawn of Personalized Medicine: Transforming the Diagnosis and Treatment of Cancer”. A panel discussion with:
- J. Michael Bishop, M.D. UC Santa Cruz Foundation Medal recipient, Chancellor Emeritus of University of California, San Francisco and Co-winner of Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- Art Levinson, Ph.D, UC Santa Cruz Foundation Medal recipient and Chairman of the Board and former CEO of Genentech
- David Haussler, Ph.D Investigator, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Director of the Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering at UCSC and Distinguished Professor of Biomolecular Engineering
Oct. 22, 2010 - “Report from the Gulf” a brown bag lunch with Jean-Michel Cousteau, explorer, environmentalist and educator, with Richard Harris, National Public Radio science correspondent.
Oct. 23, 2009 - “Creativity: What I Don’t Know and What I Know” Ed Catmull, President of Pixar and Disney Animation Studieos
June 8, 2007 - "Global Warming and California’s Future”
- Steve Westly, former CA State Controller - The Past, Present and Future of Green
- Lisa Sloan, Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences- Regional Climate Change in CA
- Chancellor George Blumenthal & student activist Tommaso Boggia –The Greening of UCSC
June 8, 2006 - “Origins”
- George Blumenthal, Professor of Astronomy and Astrophysics – A Century of Paradigm Shifts in our Thinking about the Universe.
- Bruce Bridgeman, Professor of Psychology and Psychobiology – Origins of Humanity and Origins of Consciousness.
- Gary Lease, Professor of History of Consciousness – “Does God Have a Future?”
June 2, 2005 - “American Thinking About Violence in the Middle East” Alan Richards, Professor of Economics and Environmental Studies, UCSC
Nov. 5, 2004 - "Innovation Leadership in the Global Economy" Lee Ting, Advisory Director at W. R. Hambrecht
June 3, 2004 - “Space Exploration: The Moon and Mars--A Vision of the Future" G. Scott Hubbard, Director of NASA Ames Research Center
June 2, 2003 - "Life: A Work in Progress" FouFrans Lanting, Renowned Nature Photographer
Nov. 21, 2002 - "Preventing Deadly Conflict" David Hamburg, President Emeritus of the Carnegie Corporation of New York